DAY & ZIMMERMANN Primary Job Responsibilities and Qualifications:
IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR
* Supervisor of multiple maintenance crafts in support of manufacturing operations. Supervise the planning and impementation of plant maintenance activities in order to optimize production efficiency and plant safety. Complies with bargaining unit contracts and Company Employee Relations Plan providing prompt attention to all employee grievances;
* Schedules, assigns, directs and coordinates daily maintenance support of assigned manufacting areas. Implements and enforce safety and housekeeping policies and pratices. Manages performance and development of maintenance personnel, including training;
* Investigates, reports and implements corrective action to all incidents, accidents and injuries involving assigned craft workers. Reponsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment;
* Meet schedule, cost and quality requirements. Effectively communicates with management and employees;
* Monitor purchase order performance for quality, schedules and delivery, and expedite orders; train back-up in-house support and create and maintain a desk reference with instructions on how to perform procurement tasks.
* Knowledge, skills, and abilities: Strong negotiation skills and solid verbal and written communication skills; organizational and analytical capabilities; familiarity with production requirements and all applicable safety standards.
* Education: Associate or Bachelors Degree in a related field is required.
* Experience: Experience working in a union environment, experience with ERP software programs, such as SAP, as well as 3-5 years experience in hydraulics, electrical, electronics and maintenance supervision.
All qualified candidates should apply through the Talent Center of Day & Zimmermann at www.dayzim.com/careers no later than January 27th, 2013.